Wednesday, June 01, 2005

from Texas...

Well hey there. Writing a quick note from Kerrville - have been living in the tent for a week and haven't had a chance to write or to gather up any good pictures to show you, but will post some as soon as possible. It has been a lot of fun down here at the festival - lots of song swapping and laughter, interspersed with moments of weather-induced terror. Hail and wind and lightning - unbearable heat...then more fun and music.

I am lucky enough to be in the hotel room of a friend right now, checking email, showering, and lying still on a COOL soft surface. It's the little things, no?

I'm off to Steamboat Springs tomorrow (or the next day, depending on energy level) to teach the annual song workshop at Perry-Mansfield. I can hardly wait to get to Colorado where it is unlikely to be hot and muggy - the workshop is for young kids (8-11 yrs) and is one of my favorite things to do. They write with a fresh perspective and a lack of inhibition that is always an inspiration to me.

I'll write more soon and post pictures as soon as I can get my camera and my computer in the same place at the same time.

Peace, love and air-conditioning,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment